This research consists of:
- Total cholesterol
- HDL cholesterol
- Testosterone free; for this purpose testosterone, SHBG and albumin are measured
- Magnesium intracellular
- CRP (high sensitive)
Read more about this test on this blog
Cause of erection problems
Sometimes a psychological problem is the cause. In that case, a sex therapist can help. Usually, however, there is a physical problem.
Because of a narrowing and/or reduced elasticity of the blood vessels, there are problems with the blood supply to the penis. As less blood flows to the penis, erectile strength is reduced.
An unhealthy lifestyle, smoking, obesity, high cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, excessive alcohol consumption, drugs, and certain medications can all play a role.
With an unhealthy lifestyle, there is a greater chance of erectile dysfunction:
- Overweight (BMI > 30): chance is 4x greater
- Smoking: chance is 4x greater
- Smoking + overweight: chance is 16x greater
- High blood pressure + smoking + overweight: chance is more than 16x greater