Because of the lock-down, the test kits that have been ordered as of now and for which the blood collection has yet to take place, can also be handed in as of 2022. Always check the shelf life of the tubes first. Tests ordered in December 2021 and January 2022 will be reshipped free of charge throughout 2022 if the expiration date has passed.
Do not burden care unnecessarily, wait to draw blood if it is not necessary. Due to the corona crisis, you may have to travel a little further for the nearest lancing station, which will be sent to you by email.
When sending the referral letter, we take into account the current situation as much as possible, but the situation can change daily.
After your order you will receive an email with information about the blood collection point in your neighbourhood. If you do not like this location, because it is a bit further than normal (max 10 km) and it is not possible to take a blood sample at home, you will get your money back immediately.
- Don't go to the blood draw if you have any symptoms.
- Disinfect your hands before entering the lancing room.
- Look away during the blood draw;
- when you are prodded on the left look to the right and
- if you are prodded on the right look to the left
- Don't talk to the person taking the blood.
- The virus is most likely not transmittable through blood, but it is transmittable through saliva droplets.
Because the deliveries often arrive the very next day and we don't yet know exactly how long the virus survives on smooth surfaces, hands are often washed and gloves used when packing the tubes and the tests.
The labs are working flat out, especially with corona testing for regular care.
Click here for our corona tests.