MyMicroZoo gut biome
See your gut microbiome with MyMicroZoo
Get to know your gut bacteria and get to know your own body better! With the MyMicroZoo gut bacteria test you can gain more insight into your microbiome. Your microbiome affects your immune system, your nervous system and your hormones, among other things.
Using state-of-the-art DNA analysis technology, the type and amount of bacteria in your colon is identified. This information gives you valuable information about how your microbiome is functioning. With this information about your gut microbiome, you may be able to improve your health, athletic performance or food intake.
What does MyMicroZoo offer?
- Scientific 16S profiling analysis of your gut microbiome
- Overview of your results in an interactive results dashboard or detailed report
- Advice on how to improve your microbiome in general
- Option to consult one of our partner healthcare professionals for more specific personal advice
A disturbed microbiome can cause all kinds of complaints. Use this test to find out if your microbiome is diverse enough, if you are carrying unwanted and/or desired bacteria and what you can do to optimize your own microbiome.
Would you like personal advice in addition to your results? Ask one of the healthcare professionals for tailor-made advice.
In your intestines alone live about 100,000,000,000,000,000 bacteria. 2,000 different species have already been discovered. Each person has about 400 to 600 different types of bacteria living in his or her gut. If the ratio of bacteria in your intestines becomes unbalanced, it can lead to various health problems or discomforts. Different bacteria need different food sources. You can influence the composition of your bacteria with your diet and lifestyle.
Healthcare professionals who can further interpret the results for you and work with you to improve your microbiome based on the results of this test can be found here:
NEW AS OF 1-11-2022
- You can now compare your genus-level composition with the genus-level composition of healthy people with the same enterotype. This allows you to immediately see if there are bacterial genomes that are exceptionally high or low.
- Your diversity score is now broken down into diversity richness and diversity evenness. Do you have a low diversity score? Then you can see if it is caused by low diversity richness or evenness.
- You will see your score displayed in a bar with a reference value of healthy people. Now you can easily and quickly see if you score well above or below the value we see in most healthy people. If so, it's a good starting point to see if you can improve that particular score!
- You now get a score for several functional groups
:-Butyrate- and propionate-producing bacteria: One of the main functions of your gut bacteria is to produce energy (butyrate/propionate) for your gut and body. A low score is associated with leaky gut.
-Lactate-forming bacteria: Lactate is known for its beneficial effects on (gut) health.
-Gas-producing bacteria: Fermentation is good for producing energy, but too much gas can lead to symptoms such as bloating-Unwanted
bacteria: In the old report you could already read about undesirable bacteria, but from now on there is a clear upper limit in the text (based on scientific studies) as well as the reference value based on healthy people in our database.
- Tips to improve every score! Only scores are of no use to you, but with the tips in the second part of the report, you can easily get started to improve your scores yourself.