protein spectrum protein electrophoresis and protein total
In this test, protein electrophoresis and protein total (protein) from serum are determined.
Depending on the disease, differences in the composition of the protein fractions occur. protein electrophoresis is used to measure the different proteins. It also plays an important role in detecting monoclonal gammopathy. That is a condition in which certain antibodies, called immunoglobulins, are found in the blood or urine. Therefore, it is important to combine this test with immunoglobulin IgA, IgG and IgM.
This test is used for:
- Monoclonal Gammopathy
- Acute and chronic inflammatory reactions
- Liver Diseases
- Protein loss (e.g. kidney problems)
- Immune dysfunction
- autoimmune diseases
- fatigue in combination with bone fractures
- Protein malnutrition
- Problems with blood flow (e.g. sickle cell disease)
- If previously measured protein total deviates
Examples of causes of deviations are
|Type of protein||Lowered||Increased|